
Left to right: Esther, Sam, Natalie, Rachel, rachel, rando guy who thought this looked fun, Jackie, Mary, me, and Sarah.
Thursday night was fun, for the girls last night we made drinks (I bartender). I muddled mango with sprite, then added vodka, tang and country time mix. Quite good actually!
They left on Friday morning and Lisa went with them so she could go to Mbale for the day. I stayed home and worked on my personal statement and resume for georgetown's premed committee application. Just had kind of a lazy day, did some laundry (we have to wash our own underwear), etc. Lisa and I had dinner together and watched the south park movie.
Friday was frustrating since my Internet didnt work at allllll. But Saturday morning I fiddled with the microsim card and it came back. W00t. Saturday I went to the zalle's house. Maayi took me to a sort of party that was across the river (very short walk) from their house. These women were blasting music drinking the local brew out of a teapot and dancing up a storm! I even joined in a bit (for the dancing, not the local brew!). Maayi said they get together at someone different's house each week to do this. A lot of kids and other people were hanging out too but the dancing group of women really stole the show.

Maayi is the one at the far left (my host mom). I helped make chapatti for dinner, so I am now fully prepared to make them when I return home.
Dinner as always at the Zaale's house was splendid, we had both pork and meat - very spiffy. I really didn't sleep so great last night so I was quite tired when I woke up at 6 to take a boda boda to the Arlington guesthouse in Khoholo (I had the spelling wrong previously, it's pronounced like cho-ho-lo). I met up with Cait, the volunteer coordinator, and Barbara (one of the S6's who helps with the TOMS distributions) and her younger brother Dennis, to hike to the top of mount Nusu!
It was a tough hike, and took about 3 hours to get to the top, but it was gorgeous and so worth it!

Me, Dennis, and Barbie, doing a jumping pic!

Just amazing views, all around. I took lots more pics, don't worry!
We returned to the guest house and had just bucket bathed when rain began! They haven't had water here for awhile so this is a very good thing. Cait ran around flushing the toilets with the water, which was much needed! Lacey was trying to make bean burgers for lunch, which didn't work out so well (some issue with the pressure cooker or something), so she ended up making pasta. I bit into mine, and then asked if there were by chance nuts in it - it was a G-nut sauce, so I spit it out, we made me some eggs, and I popped a Benadryl. Soooo I'm probably going to nap now since Benadryl knocks me out!
TOMS shoes continues tomorrow and Tuesday! And I leave for Kenya on Thursday!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment