Sunday, February 26, 2012

The rest of my birthday

So we got back to the guesthouse last night to find we had POWER! It was a pretty sweet birthday present. Of course, then I noticed the Internet totally wasn't working! So I had to suffer through not knowing the outcome of the game until around 9:30 this morning when it started working again.
After getting back from Mbale, we were all tired and dirty. I took a nice hot bucket bath, which was great. I guess I should explain bucket bathing. Basically you boil a tea kettle full of water, then pour it into your bucket or basin, then fill with cold water. The proportion is about 1/3 boiling, 2/3 cold, so it ends up being the temperature of regular bath or shower water. Then you sit in the bathroom on a plastic deck chair and use a cup to wet your hair and body. Then shampoo and conditioner as normal. It's actually pretty decent, I haven't taken a full-on cold shower yet, and I probably won't if I can help it!
After my shower, we watched... South Park! Two great episodes, one when Obama wins the election, and the other about High School Musical, so I obviously really enjoyed that one!
This morning I still woke up early even though I could have slept in... It get bright and you can hear people doing stuff outside (they don't really give any thought to the fact that people might be sleeping!) so I just got up. Of course the Internet still wasn't working! I was just dying to find out the results of the game. So I sat down to read a book, and then about 20 minutes later, about 6 iMessages came through my iPad, so I found out that we had TROUNCED Villanova! So all in all, a pretty good Ugandan birthday for me.
Now I am just waiting anxiously to get my MCAT score. Erin said scores are usually posted around 3 EST so I guess I'll be waiting up until around 11 my time on Tuesday night. If those of you that are so inclined would say a prayer for me, it would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to the rest of my lazy Sunday and then a good week to come. I'll leave with a picture of the 7UP I had in Mbale yesterday... I liked that the label was all in Arabic!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment